MARTHA’S VINEYARD, MASSACHUSETTS
I am fortunate to have wonderful friends who invite my family to visit year after year. Thank you friends!
Summer days together in this magical place are about as good as it gets.
15 Rules for Vineyard Bliss
1. Be with friends ; rest and laugh in abundance.
2. Carry a paddle board into the ocean. Climb on, stand up + smile.
3. Enjoy long lazy lunches at home followed by a nap.
4. Ride the waves or walk the beach at Aquinnah.
Feast while huddled on crates.
6. Make an all family ice cream run to Vineyard Haven.
7. Play scrabble, watch old movies, roast marshmallows.
8. Meet up with friends in Edgartown; say hello to the lighthouse.
9. Drop by a farm stand for just picked produce.
10. Bring toppings to sprinkle on the community pizza tossed +
fired in the garden of Orange Peel Bakery.
11. Sail off to Naushon for the afternoon.
12. Swap stories and laugh over dinner at State Road Restaurant.
13. Sail west to Cuttyhunk for an island walk + seafood on the docks.
14. Join hands and jump the bridge in Oak Bluffs
15. Return next summer, somehow.
(Photos Top to Bottom: 1. At Aquinna Beach 2. Martha’s Vineyard Buoys 3. Edgartown house 4. Drying out the fishing Boots 5. Martha’s Vineyard Lobster traps 6. Evening in Menemsha 7. Newspapers for sale on Cuttyhunk 8. S’mores by the bonfire.)
Posted on July 20, 2013. All Photos by Map + Muse.